|HOME / ABOUT / WRITINGS / POLITICS / NEW / CONTACT|
The Jewish Divide Over Israel:
Accusers and Defenders Edited by Edward Alexander and Paul Bogdanor
Transaction Publishers, 2006 (hardback) / 2008 (paperback)
Order: [ US | UK ] "A book of epoch-making importance... a meticulously studied anthology of the most virulent anti-Israeli and antisemitic views which have been voiced, shouted and published in recent years... Paul Bogdanor's eighty pages of commentary on Noam Chomsky... are the boldest and most powerful refutations of the MIT thinker known to this writer."
- Midstream Magazine "Superb... mandatory reading for anyone wishing to understand the madness of Jewish self-hatred... Paul Bogdanor manages to shed fascinating new light on Chomsky... In hundreds of documented facts and citations, Bogdanor traces Chomsky's candid devotion to seeking Israel's annihilation and the second Holocaust that would result from it."
- Nativ "This book is a must-read for anyone wishing to understand not only why so many Jewish intellectuals turn against Israel, but also the mechanisms by which their otherwise shoddy and superficial scholarship and journalistic work earns so much praise."
- National Review Online "Because extreme denunciations of Israel by prominent Jews have played an exceptionally important role in legitimizing hatred of the Jewish state in the Middle East and across the world, this volume is not only timely, it is overdue."
- Middle East Quarterly "An impressive and necessary book."
- Jerusalem Post "A significant statement about the lacerating effects of Jewish self-hatred."
- Jerusalem Report "This book is required reading for anyone concerned about Israel and its supporters and enemies within the Jewish community."
- Hadassah Magazine "A great service to those who recognize the threat that Jewish defamation of Israel represents and want a better understanding of its nature and roots."
- Jewish Political Studies Review "An extremely important group of essays... Alexander and Bogdanor explain why so many Jewish liberals and radicals continually and wrongly undermine the Jewish state. The book is must reading."
- The Jewish Voice and Opinion Table of Contents Excerpts Interview Reviews Order: [ US | UK ]